Quick Facts: Fractional Laser Resurfacing
* Current Australian Government Provisions do not permit us to use the name of this product in any advertising material. For more information contact Kiora.
- Kiora's advanced lasers can safely resurface the skin to mimimise scarring, stretch marks, pores and fine lines
- The high energy laser pulses stimulate collagen and correct superficial pigmentation problems
- Downtime is minimal but it is prudent to have 3-4 days off after your first session "just in case"
- Laser resurfacing uses an Er:YAG laser of 2940nm to instantly vaporise the skin layers with a minimum of discomfort
- Most patients require about 5 sessions to see a 60-80% improvement of their skin quality.
- Advanced techniques such as fractional laser resurfacing are personally performed by a Cosmetic Doctor of at least 10 years experience
WHAT IS FRACTIONAL LASER RESURFACING?
Fractional Laser Skin Resurfacing is a revolution in ablative skin resurfacing technologies. It allows the skin of the face, neck or hands to benefit from all of the advantages of traditional Ablative Laser Resurfacing such as collagen remodelling, skin tightening and skin texture smoothing without the pain, downtime or infection risk of older technologies. Most patients require no anaesthetic of any sort and are back to work immediately after treatment.
Kiora uses a Pixelated 2940nm wavelength Erbium:YAG Laser similar to resurfacing lasers. Hundreds of tiny pixels or dots of laser energy penetrate the skin. It creates an ablative and thermal effect at the pixel area creating hundreds of micro-injury sites without disturbing the surrounding tissue. These micro-injured areas start the process of healing as collagen remodels, skin tightens and the skin texture improves. Over a course of treatments the effect on the skin can be as dramatic as traditional Laser Resurfacing techniques, without the downtime.
LASER SKIN RESURFACING AT KIORA
At Kiora we use a high powered FDA-approved 2940nm Er:YAG Laser to perform all of our fractional laser resurfacing. Laser Skin Resurfacing technologies are more invasive than other light based technologies and are only available to fully qualified Doctors. Initially each patient gets a full dermal consultation to discuss the health of their skin and their suitability for the procedure. This ensures our patients are fully educated about the strict regime necessary to achieve optimal results.