Quick Facts: Kiora's Cosmetic Lasers
- Cosmetic Lasers can specifically destroy unwanted structures whilst leaving the rest of the skin intact
- Certain laser types are safer in darker and lighter skin types
- Kiora has over 8 laser systems and is constantly adding new systems to stay at the forefront of cosmetic medicine
- A large variety of Skin Problems such as birth marks, tattoos, blood vessels and scarring can be treated
- All patients are assessed by a Cosmetic Doctor of over 16 years experience to customise your protocol
- Uncompromising Safety: Ventilation exceeds WHO COVID recommendations for hospitals by 200%. All staff vaccinated
KIORA'S SPECIALIST COSMETIC LASERS
Kiora has two dedicated laser rooms with over 8 different types of lasers to treat a large range of skin problems. Kiora is constantly adding new laser systems to stay at the forefront of cosmetic laser medicine. All laser procedures are performed by either a Cosmetic Doctor or a fully qualified nurse of at least 5 years experience. All first time patients are consulted by a Doctor to obtain before photographs and to customise the treatment protocol for their skin type.
WHAT PROBLEMS CAN BE ADDRESSED WITH COSMETIC LASERS?
Medical-grade cosmetic lasers allow specific structures and lesions of the skin to be targetted and destroyed whilst leaving the healthy skin intact. Many unsightly skin problems such as birth marks, port wine stains, capillaries, freckles, malasma, large pores or tattoos can be specifically targetted by the correct laser and destroyed. Modern lasers can even tighten and shrink the soft structures of the mouth and throat to reduce snoring.
WHY DOES KIORA HAVE SO MANY DIFFERENT LASER TYPES?
Advanced lasers can specifically target unwanted pigments and structures like birthmarks and capillaries, whilst leaving the rest of the skin intact. The ability to safely treat the lesion requires the correct wavelength and pulse is used to give the safest possible outcome for a given skin type. This is why major cosmetic clinics like Kiora have so many different laser types. Depending on the colour and severity of the skin problem a certain type of laser will provide an optimal outcome.
WHAT TYPE OF SKIN TYPE IS SAFE TO TREAT WITH COSMETIC LASERS?
Different skin types can only effectively be treated with certain laser systems. For example an Intense Pulse Light (IPL) system is safe to treat very fair people of northern european descent but it is unwise to use it in asian patients. An 2940nm Er:Yag laser is ideal for resurfacing the skin but can be more painful and less effective than a 1064nm Nd:Yag laser in treating capillaries.
WHAT TYPES OF LASER DOES KIORA HAVE?