Quick Facts: Dermal Filler Dissolving
- Kiora's cosmetic doctors can use doctor-only medications to precisely dissolve unwanted filler
- Dermal filler lumps and unwanted procedures can be precisely dissolved whilst leaving other features and cosmetic work intact
- Most of the dermal filler dissolves immediately but the full effect is often not seen for 2-3 days post treatment
- Dissolving fillers can be done in conjunction with other procedures to correct and restore the natural balance of the face
- The product has an excellent safety profile and has been used in Anaesthetics for decades.
- The product does not affect the patient's own collagen and will not damage their skin
- All patients at Kiora are treated by a Cosmetic Doctor of over 16 years experience in Cosmetic Lasers
- Uncompromising Safety: Ventilation exceeds WHO COVID recommendations for hospitals by 200%. All staff vaccinated
The most common type of dermal fillers used in Melbourne can be dissolved by several doctor-only medications. The doctors can precisely inject an enzyme which dissolves the dermal filler and triggers it to be reabsorbed by the body. Most of the filler dissolves immediately but it can continue to resolve over the next 72 hours.
Dermal fillers can sometimes move after the injection and form lumps which can be easily dissolved. Sometimes patients change their mind and sometimes the dermal filler must be dissolved before plastic surgery. Dermal fillers can be dissolved with a reasonable degree of precision and it is often not necessary to dissolve all of the previous work in order to get a good cosmetic correction.
Safety is excellent.. The enzyme used to dissolve the filler has been used in subspecialties of medicine for decades. It is very selective and will only dissolve the unwanted filler and will not affect the patient's own collagen nor adversely affect the skin quality..
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The most popular types of dermal fillers used are composed of cross-linked sugar chains. The enzyme triggers the breakdown of these chains and the body reabsorbs the filler in a similar fashion to the way it metabolises sugar.
WHO IS IT SUITABLE FOR?
The enxyme is suitable for anyone who has been treated with a certain class H dermal filler. This class is the most common one is use today but there are several more rare fillers it is not effective on. Before coming to Kiora to get your dermal filler dissolved it is advisable to get the exact name of the dermal filler you were previously treated with. Nearly any concern can be corrected. Lumps are the most common concern and it is often necessary to dissolve any pre-existing dermal filler before undergoing plastic surgery in the same area.
There is a little bit of a sting but it is fairly similar in discomfort to the dermal filler you were originally injected with!
Kiora's two principle cosmetic doctors have been with us for over 15 years and are experienced with the full range of laser, injectable and directed energy non-surgical cosmetic procedures. Often dissolving the filler can be combined with a wide variety of anti-wrinkle injections, dermal fillers and lasers to achieve the natural result originally desired.