Quick Facts: Laser Treatment of Veins, Broken Capillaries, Redness & Rosacea
- Kiora uses a wide range of lasers to correct capillaries & redness of the face, decolletage and legs
- A powerful 1064nm Nd:YAG laser allows small capillaries & veins of 1-2mm diameter to be treated in 1-3 sessions
- A 512nm KTP laser specifically targets superficial red blood cells to diffuse redness & rosacea
- Compared to older IPL systems "true" lasers offer minimal downtime with redness resolving after several hours
- Capillaries can often be treated successfully with between 1-3 sessions
- Texture problems such as acne scarring are best addressed with a fractional laser resurfacing technique
- All patients are treated by a Cosmetic Doctor of over 10 years experience to customise your protocol
Kiora uses a wide range of advanced Australian Approved Cosmetic Lasers able to treat small veins and capillaries with 1-3 laser sessions. Small blood vessels less than 2mm in diameter can be safely treated with minimal side effects. Areas such as the face, decolletage and legs are the most common areas treated. Cosmetic lasers can be a safer and quicker alternative to sclerotherapy & surgery for the treatment for veins.
Small broken capillaries are more prominent on people with very fair skin. These small vessels are easily targetted with a high powered 1064nm Nd:YAG laser. The laser energy is absorbed by the red blood cells casuing them to heat up and coagulate the vessel. This destroys the offending capillary and can give a greatly improved appearance to the skin.
Diffuse redness of the face, hands or decolletage is caused by fine, superficial blood vessels. A 512nm KTP laser can warm and coagulate these vessels greatly improving the appearance of the skin. This technique can give remarkable results especially in the ideal patient of very fair skin type.
IS THERE ANY DOWNTIME?
Downtime is minimal for these procedures and usually consists of some mild redness for several hours after the treatment. To minimise your downtime strict avoidance of sunlight both before and after the treatment is mandatory.
COSMETIC LASERS AT KIORA
All of Kiora's patients are first consulted by a cosmetic doctor of at least 10 years experience, A treatment plan involving a combination of Cosmetic Skin Lasers can be personalised for your skin type. If you would like to discuss a treatment plan, please feel free to book a consultation with one of our full time Cosmetic Doctors.